Outline: Before you put camcorder BDMV file to Mac computer for storing, you can change BDMV
to MOV, M4V, MP4 formats so that you can play BDMV with QuickTime later.
Nowadays, parents generally like to record video about their kids’ daily
life with a HD camcorder. This video is the best souvenir of the past time, which could remind people of the happy childhood. Unfortunately, the storage space of camcorder is limited so that many
people choose to transfer the video to their PC to store up and playback. But if you put the camcorder video to Mac and want to play it with the Mac default media player - QuickTime, you will get
disappointed. Because the camcorder video is BDMV file, and QuickTime can’t play BDMV file.
So, my suggestion is, that when you are transferring the BDMV file to Mac, you can turn BDMV file to QuickTime friendly format by the way. This is not difficulty with the help of Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac. This video software can change BDMV to QuickTime playable MP4, MOV, M4V, M3U8 format with original video quality. Actually, it can transcode many kinds of videos, like Blu-ray/DVD, FLV, H.265, etc to QuickTime and iMovie for viewing on Mac.
Free download and install iMedia Converter on Mac
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/imedia-converter-mac/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-iMedia-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177788.html
How to convert BDMV to QuickTime suitable format?
Step 1. Add video files
Run iMedia Converter for Mac and click “File” to import video files by clicking "Add Video".
Step 2. Choose MOV for QuickTime as output format
As MOV is natively supported by Mac, just go to the format list by clicking the format bar and choose "Common Video" and pick "MOV - QuickTime (*.mov)" for the BDMV to QuickTime conversion.
Tip: You could customize profile parameters like video codec, video file size, video bitrate, video frame rate, audio channels, and more as below.
Step 3. Start BDMV to QuickTime conversion
Hit the "Convert" button and start converting BDMV to MOV for QuickTime. After the conversion is done, get the generated video in output folder.
After you have changed BDMV to MOV, you can feel free to play this BDMV file on QuickTime on Mac.
Tip: BDMV file also comes from:
- Blu-ray disk with BDMV folder and other files with BDMV extension.
- Blu-ray movie with BDMV & CERTIFICATE folder, there is one subfolder from the BDMV folder which is the Stream folder and there is a MTS extension file in this subfolder.
- Ripped Blu-ray DVD movies, its folder structure is all contained in a BDMV folder structure with M2TS extension files.