Summary: Some 3D YIFI movies can't be played on Gear VR for format incompatibility
issue. If you want to play 3D YIFY movies on Gear VR via Note 5 smoothly, you can considerconverting 3D YIFY movies to 3D SBS MP4.
With the popular of 3D
Glasses/Headsets, 3D movie download site has mushroomed over the past several years. YIFY must be the one of the top movies torrent sites. Many people like to download 3D movies
from YIFY for their Gear VR. However, there are inevitably some situations that it gets failure when you are playing the 3D YIFY movies on Gear VR via your Galaxy Note 5 for the format
Usually, the 3D movies downloaded from YIFY site can be played on Gear VR by Galaxy Note 5. But from the feedback, many people have YIFY 3D MKV videos playback issue on Gear VR for the codec maybe not supported bu Gear VR. So if you wish to have good and smooth 3D YIFY movies enjoyment on Gear VR via Galaxy Note 5, you'd better convert 3D YIFY movies to Gear VR most compatible 3D SBS MP4 or MKV format.
Here, I recommend Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate to help you. It can easily transcode 3D YIFY movies to Gear VR supported 3D SBS MP4/MKV format with excellent video quality. It allows you to adjust 3D effect and reset video/audio parameters to get better 3D movies for playing on Gear VR via Galaxy Note 5. Besides 3D YIFY movies to Gear VR conversion, it also can convert 3D Blu-rays, 3D YouTube video, etc to other virtual reality devices like Oculus Rift, Zeiss VR One,Google Cardboard, Lakento MVR Glasses, etc.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.html
How to watch 3D YIFY movies on Gear VR via Galaxy Note 5?
Step 1: Add 3D YIFY movies
Run 3D YIFY to Gear VR software on your computer. Click the "Add video" or "Add folder" icon to load 3D YIFY torrent movie files to the program.
Step 2: Select right 3D format
From "Format" drop-down list, select Samsung Gear VR compatible 3D format from "3D Video" > "MP4 Side-by-Side 3D Video(*.mp4)" or "MKV Side-by-Side 3D Video(*.mkv)" as output format for watching on Gear VR via Galaxy Note 5.
Tip: You can also configure the parameters like resolution, frame rate, encoder and bit rate for video, and sample rate, channel, encoder and bit rate for audio and save it as your own profile. For common videos, 1280x720 HD resolution and 5 Mb/s video bitrate are recommended.
Step 3: Convert YIFY 3D movies to Gear VR.
Go back to the main interface and start the 3D YIFY movies to Gear VR conversion process by hitting right-bottom "Convert" button.
After the YIFY 3D movies re-encoding process, you should achieve another two extra steps to get 3D YIFY movie playback on Gear VR via Galaxy Note 5.
Step A: transfer converted 3D YIFY movies to Galaxy Note 5:
- Insert MicroSD card into your PC.
- On your MicroSD card file directory, navigate to Oculus> Movies> Your Movies
- Create a new folder within "Your Movies" and label it "3D"
- Import or move your side-by-side 3D videos into your newly created "3D" folder.
- Insert your MicroSD card into your Galaxy Note 5 (if it isn't already), dock the phone in your Gear VR, and don the virtual reality headset.
Step B：Watch 3D YIFY movies on Gear VR via Galaxy Note 5
- Navigate to Oculus Cinema from the main menu
- Navigate to "My Videos" from the Oculus Cinema content library menu
- Select the 3D video you wish to view (if you followed the above steps it should have a "3D" label in the upper right hand corner)
- Choose the cinema mode to begin 3D YIFY movies playback on Galaxy Note 5 with Samsung Gear VR.
This tutorial is detailed enough in my opinion. If you want to play 3D YIFY movies on Gear VR via Galaxy Note 5, follow all the steps aforementioned and you will get the goal.