In a similar fashion as DVD players, the Blu-ray Disc format also has a region coding and copy-protection system. This means that players sold in specific regions of the world adhere to a specific region code - However, unlike DVD, there are fewer regions and many Blu-ray Discs are, in fact, not always region coded.
On the other hand, the Blu-ray Disc format also supports enhanced copy-protection in two ways. First, the HDMI standard requires that HDMI-enabled devices be able to recognize each other a copy-protected devices via a "Handshake Process". If the handshake doesn't take place, no signals from the Blu-ray Disc player to an HDMI-equipped TV or Video Projector will be displayed. However, the "handshake process" sometimes has a false alarm, which may require some troubleshooting to correct.
1. If your Blu-ray player has a composite video output - you can connect it to any TV that has a composite video input. However, you will not be able to access high-definition Blu-ray quality from Blu-ray discs, nor video upscaling when playing blu-rays.
2. If your Blu-ray Disc player has a set of component video outputs, you can connect it to any TV has has a set of component video inputs. However, even if your TV is an HDTV, you may, or may not, be able to access high definition Blu-ray quality depending on when the Blu-ray player was manufactured and/or if the Blu-ray disc title you are playing is encoded not to output high definition when played via component video connections. Also, no matter when your Blu-ray disc player was made, you will not be able access video upscaling when playing standard blu-rays if using component video connections.
3. If your TV has an HDMI input, use the HDMI output connection on your Blu-ray disc player for access to high definition video resolutions from Blu-ray discs, as well as blu-ray video upscaling from standard blu-rays.
4.Another thing to point out is that if you also want access to 3D Blu-ray content, you will also need, in addition to a 3D-enabled Blu-ray Disc player, a 3D-enabled HDTV that is compatible with the 3D Blu-ray Disc standard. 3D is only available via HDMI connection.
Blu-Ray Ripping Guides & Software
How to decrypt and rip Blu-ray for free? You've come to the right place - Pavtube ByteCopy The following Blu-ray ripper freeware can help you remove Blu ray AACS encryption, region codes, BD+ and even any MKB copy protection, and backup your Blu-ray discs with fast conversion speed. Just check this detailed blu-ray ripping guide to copy Blu-ray blu-ray, and rip Blu ray movies to various video and audio file formats now. (Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac)
Free download and install:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/bytecopy/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-ByteCopy/3000-7970_4-76158512.html
Our Pavtube ByteCopy target:
1.Ease of Use
Bad navigation and non-intuitive interface are certainly disadvantage for a blu-ray to converter. The best converter shall be designed with intuition in mind because it leads to users easily operating and navigating the software without encountering any complications.
2. Speed and Quality
blu-ray ripping speed shall be also noted when ranking the best blu-ray ripper. The fast speed is like ensuring that you use the best oil for your car. Surely, you don't to wait a whole night only for the purpose of watching a 90-minute movie? Meanwhile, a good blu-ray ripper isn't worth its weight if you can't get a crisp video image. Supposing you've got the stunning converter speed, but your blu-ray ripper makes the converted movie nothing but blurry. It's really the rotten apple injures its neighbors.
3. Basic blu-ray Ripping Features
The best blu-ray ripper shall be true to its name. Specifically, it must be embraced with the basic blu-ray ripping features, letting you not only deal with copy protection measures, eg. CSS, region code, etc. but also rip blu-ray to all friendly devices at your disposal.
The best blu-ray rippers should perform conversions quickly, and the converted files should be high quality and a manageable size. The application's interfaces should be intuitive and allow you to start a rip in three steps or less. Furthermore, the best rippers should be able to extract audio clips from discs, capture subtitles and more. This category assesses these features and tools and how well they work.
4. Conversion Choices
The best blu-ray ripper for Windows/Mac software takes the videos and other media found on your discs and converts them into a format that can be played without a blu-ray player. The best blu-ray rippers have a large library of output profiles that tailor files for playback on specific devices such as smartphones, tablets, gaming systems and more (including H.265/HEVC, M3u8, iPhone 6S Plus, Galaxy S6 Edge+, Surface Pro 4, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy Tab S2, Surface Book, BlackBerry Priv, Nextboox Flexx 9, etc.). They do this by including the afore-mentioned library of output profiles. All you need to do is load your disc into the application, select the file format, device or service from the library, and start the rip. This category evaluates the breadth and versatility of the conversion choices offered by each application.
5. Customization Tools
Even the most exhaustive library of preprogrammed output profiles can't cover the infinite ways that you can customize a video. The best blu-ray ripping programs allow you to adjust technical aspects of videos, such as codecs, aspect ratios, bit-rates, frame rates and more, before you rip them. Most of the products we reviewed include a basic video editor that allows them to trim away unwanted footage, crop video, add watermarks and edit subtitles. This category shows you which applications have which tools.
6. Help & Support
No matter how easy an application is to use, occasionally some customers need support. Manufacturers that provide excellent customer service make the best blu-ray rippers. This service comes in the form of tutorials, FAQs and knowledgebase on their websites. If you can't get an answer in those ways, manufacturers should offer email or LiveChat support.
Editor's Note: The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) forbids circumventing copy encryptions contained on commercial discs. The DMCA makes no exceptions for circumventing these encryptions for personal use. Top Ten Reviews does not endorse piracy or any other illegal activity.
Now, you can see our expert and unbiased reviews of the best blu-ray ripping/copying software. Compare the top ranked blu-ray Rippers for free at Pavtube.
- Copy DVD to Plex with Handbrake Alternative
- Transfer iTunes to Seagate wireless Device
- Rip DVD to VCL on EL Capitan
- Play Blu-ray on Galaxy S7
- Play Quicktime MOV on TV
- Play DVD to iphone 6 plus
- Best 5 3D Blu-ray Movie Converter Review
- Top 6 DVD Rippers for mac EL Capitan