Summary: Are you troubled with how to downsize GoPro Hero 4K video to 1080p for playback and editing? Sometimes, 4K video can’t be played properly most likely your computer is not able to process the data of the large HD files fast enough. Check out the tips below.
Hot search: GoPro Hero 4K video to DropBox | GoPro Hero 4K video to Sony Movie Studio | GoPro Hero 4K video to Vimeo | GoPro Hero 4K video to VLC | GoPro Hero 4K video to Pinnacle Studio
We know that GoPro Hero cameras can capture professional-quality videos, for example Hero3 White can capture 1080p 30fps video, Hero3+ Silver can capture gorgeous 1080p 60fps video, Hero4 can take time lapse videos with high data rates, Hero4 Black can shoot incredible high-resolution 4K 30fps and 2.7K 60fps video and the high frame rate 1080p 120fps video.
What is the difference between 1080p and 4K resolution?
A High Definition TV with 1080p resolution is composed of two million pixels (1920*1080), while a 4K TV (aka Ultra High Definition) has over eight million pixels (3840*2160). Therefore, 4K has around four times more resolution than 1080p and produces a clearer picture.
As we know, the majority of playback, editing work is still being finished in 1080p. In most cases, we still need to downscale most of the 4K video files to 1080p. In fact, you may not see any real differences if you're not doing much to the footage. One of the huge benefits to 4K, that you can do a lot to the image and retain detail for a beautiful 1080p finish. For those who wanna play and edit GoPro Hero 4K videos on old computer (playing a 4K video requires more computing power and it could be more time consuming), we suggest you to convert all GoPro Hero 4K videos to 1080p then play in 1080p and smart-render.
Best solutions to downscale GoPro Hero 4K video to 1080p:
Although there are numbered tools and utilities can convert and compress the ultra HD videos, few of them can process at a fast speed. Well, Pavtube Video Converter for Mac is considered to be the best 4K to 1080p converter. It is surely in the support of compressing GoPro Hero 4K videos to 1080p faultlessly. For Windows users, Pavtube Video Converter is the alternative choice.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
- Softonic Download: http://pavtube-video-converter.en.softonic.com/
- Soft32 Download: http://pavtube-video-converter.soft32.com/
- Top4download: http://www.top4download.com/pavtube-video-converter/oglsvigp.html
- Softpedia Download:http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Encoders-Converter-DIVX-Related/Pavtube-Video-Converter.shtml
- Instaluj Download: http://www.instaluj.cz/pavtube-video-converter
- Softonic Download:https://pavtube-video-converter.en.softonic.com/
- FullprogramDownload: https://www.fullprogramlarindir.com/pavtube-video-converter-full-4-6-0-5344-indir.html
- Eurodownload: http://www.eurodownload.com/download-software/169809/1A-Pavtube-Video-Converter.html
How to downsize GoPro Hero 4K video to 1080p?
Step 1: Download and have a quick installation. The trial version will have a watermark on your converted files. Except for that, there are no time limitation, no virus, and no unnecessary bundle apps while downloading. After that, click “Add Video” button to load your GoPro Hero 4K videos. You can load several files at once thanks to “Add from folder” button.
Step 2: Click the “Format” drop down list to select output format. If you want to play GoPro Hero 4K videos on decent media player, you’d better set a preset profile that best meets your needs. For instance, if you want to play GoPro Hero 4K videos on VLC smoothly, “HD Video>>H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)” would be the best choice.
Step 3: Click “Settings” button; you can adjust video and audio settings, including codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, and audio channel. To down-convert ultra HD 4K to 1080p, do remember adjusting video size to 1920*1080. That is the exact 1080p.
Step 4: At the end, hit “Convert” button to let the 4K to 1080p conversion begin.
Conclusion: When the conversion finished, check the generated 1080p video, you will certainly be satisfied with its final video quality. It would be easier for you to playback and edit.
- DJI Inspire’s 4K video to 4K TV
- Import DJI Phantom 3 4K MOV
- DJI Osmo 4K MP4 Video with Sony Vegas Pro 13
- Play DJI Phantom 4 4K footage on VLC Player
- DJI Mavic Pro 4K video to iMovie on Mac for editing
- DJI Phantom 4 4K video files to iMovie for Smoothly
- Transfer DJI Osmo 4K MP4 to FCP Editing El Capitan
- Transcode and Edit DJI Osmo 4K MP4 Video